Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Becoming my mom

The older I get the more I become my mom. It's a fact. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it except fight the genes, but really that's a very tiring thing to do and there's still NO guarantee that it will halt the inevitable. Don't get me wrong - it's nothing bad, it's nothing serious, it's just in my genes to do or say things and then think "oh my Lord, that's my mom!!"
Now don't get me wrong, it's not something surprising or even unexpected...and it's not even something that's just recently happened, nope this occurrence has been happening probably since the day of my birth. But since having kids and getting older it's been happening more and more - I now say things and think "Oh hello Ellen!" Or "Yeah, that's definitely something mom would say!" 
What do I mean by this? Well, the other day when I bumped into a friend in the grocery store and said we were talking about dinner and food in general I said something to the effect of "I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner, but I got flowers and that's the most important thing right?!" which isn't something I've necessarily heard my mom say, but if you know her then you could totally hear her saying something like that at some point. There are more examples, but like my mother I can't remember them right now!
But back to my flowers and my mom, and really the whole reason for this post, tonight as I sat looking at my flowers (in different rooms) I thought "These flowers make me happy!"and then the very next thought - that had me laughing was - "and there's my mini Ellen!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment